[erlang-questions] Changing scheduler behaviour to make tests less deterministic

Chris Newcombe chris.newcombe@REDACTED
Fri Dec 29 17:55:18 CET 2006

Understood.   Thanks for considering it.

In addition to a valuable testing tool, I suspect it could be an
interesting system-tuning parameter.  The current value of 2000
reductions per quantum was presumably chosen after experiments with a
fixed set of applications, some time ago.  (Didn't I read that it was
originally 1,000, years ago?)

So different applications, running on newer hardware and newer VMs
might benefit from a different value. (SMP might make a difference
too.)    It will be interesting to try, at least.

Chris