[erlang-questions] Why is Erlang what it is?

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Wed Dec 13 17:16:11 CET 2006

Kostis Sagonas wrote:
>> On 12/13/06, *Richard Carlsson* <richardc@REDACTED
>> <mailto:richardc@REDACTED>> wrote:
>>
>>     Strict typing of Erlang programs is pretty much dead. Type analysis,
>>     however, is live and kicking in the "dialyzer" application, from the
>>     HiPE project.
>
> Please pay attention to the details.
>
> Richard wrote "strict typing" and you changed it to "static typing".

Well, that was of course also wrong of me. Erlang is strictly typed
(with checks at runtime) - i.e., there are no unsafe operations,
but it is not *statically type checked*, which is what I should
have written.

     /Richard