[erlang-questions] Typed records and erl_parse

Ulf Wiger <>
Tue Dec 5 12:52:03 CET 2006

Den 2006-12-05 12:29:55 skrev Thomas Lindgren <>:

> --- Tobias Lindahl <> wrote:
>> Who would suffer if we changed the format of the
>> record attribute given by erl_parse?
> 1. Those who write or use parse transforms that look
> at -record.
> 2. Those who store abstract syntax trees persistently.
> This includes those of us who use +debug_info, from
> what it looks like.

Most who store abstract syntax trees persistently don't
necessarily care what the record forms look like per se.
Isn't this more or less the same as #1, except perhaps
that it increases the backwards compatibility challenge?
(OTOH, debug_info abstract forms are tagged with version.)

Ulf W
Ulf Wiger