Question about debug info

Bjorn Gustavsson <>
Thu Aug 31 14:42:42 CEST 2006

-compile(debug_info) does not work. The debug_info options must be given on
the command line for the compiler.

I'll try to fix it for R11B-2 (or at least correct the documentation to
point out that it doesn't work).

How to check:

Eshell V5.5.1  (abort with ^G)
1> c(t, debug_info).
2> beam_lib:info(t).

If the second number on the last line (285 in this case) is non-zero, there
is debug info in the beam file. If the number is zero, if there is no line
at all containing "Abst", there is no debug information.