The Erlang mailing list

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitriid@REDACTED
Thu Aug 31 08:29:16 CEST 2006

Trapexit should continue to web-interface mailing list archives though, I
think. Quite often there is a need to see a previous discussion or a
solution posted to a problem way back.

The mailing list should remain a mailing list, I think (anyway, few real
newbies know what a mailing list is, anyway). However, I like the idea of
setting a group just for newbies (like think-erlang, or a sub-forum on
trapexit, maybe). Becaues the questions like packaging and distributing
Erlang applications, beginner questions about OTP, [rocesses, pattern
matching, list comprehension etc. etc. will inevitably appear again and
again as the community (hopefully) continues to grow.

I like the idea of hosting a separate newbie forum thread on trapexit,
because it will be easy for a person to move from a newbie forum to a
grown-up forum after mastering the beginnings of Erlang.