The Erlang mailing list

Bob Ippolito <>
Wed Aug 30 23:18:08 CEST 2006

On 8/30/06, Joel Reymont <> wrote:
> On Aug 30, 2006, at 9:12 PM, Robert Virding wrote:
> > Why not just use trapexit in that case? The forum software they use
> > is one of a number of full-featured packages. It would probably be
> > movable if they decided they did not wish to continue.
> I don't like forums. I think this is seconded by other people.

I don't think a forum would be a good place for something like
erlang-questions either. Mailing lists and newsgroups (bridged w/
mailing lists) seem like the de facto standard for open source
development (at least of this kind).

> Gmail is a very good email management interface and I would like to
> make use of it. I like to be able to email posts and receive email
> back. Google Groups allows this as well as direct posts and browsing
> through the web site.

I've been pretty happy with Google Groups for other lists as well,
both using and administering them.