Why do OS not support erlang's lightweight process?

lang er erlangist@REDACTED
Tue Aug 29 05:54:25 CEST 2006

Joe's thesis talks about what problems should be solved in programming
language , what should be in libraries, but doesn't discuss what
maybe presented in OS.(I haven't finished reading, so maybe I'm wrong)

But in erlang book page 125, he did discuss some special type of operating
system structure ( the switch server and
telephony application processes)(sadly,  no second part ). I mean not just
about processes' quantity, but about os processes involved in building
robust  application, for example  Fully isolated processes which are linked
and signal failure as you point out.

I think your 4 and 5 are special for erlang as a programming language,
other  items in your list are not so much programming language features.

BR!
James