Problem with trap_exit

Alexander Harju alexander.harju@REDACTED
Fri Aug 18 15:18:24 CEST 2006

Yeah, that make sense. If you have a supervisor you really don't want
children to be able to trap exit. It would end up with pretty
interesting restarts. It must be considered to be a weak design if you
let a linked child-process ignore a crash of the parent anyway. I wasn't
actually planing to use this structure at all but I noticed it when
working on test-tool and I couldn't find anything about it the
documentation.
Find a way of go around it tho. Either start the child without link and
then link it and trap exit or use a monitor of the parent and receive
the {'DOWN',...}-message.
Thanks for the response.
// Alex