new to erlang: need ideas for server software
Thu Aug 17 19:25:10 CEST 2006
* J-EAI (it already exists, but it can use help I think, it's based on ejabberd: http://process-one.net/en/projects/j-eai/ )
* An IRC server that can integrate with ejabberd to map with MUC rooms and to allow ejabberd users to login to ejabberd with an IRC client.
* A mail system that works out-of-the-box and is easy to setup (I hate it to setup 9 different programs just to get a mail server, especially if it is very different to configure when you can't run a default system). It would be cool if it integrates with ejabberd and so implements imail: http://users.telenet.be/s.devrieze/imail/imail.pdf Of course it should have modules for IMAP(S), POP3(S), SMTP, dspam integration, spamassassin integration, clamav integration,...
* Does there already exist an FTP server in Erlang? :-)
* A proxy server.
* A streaming media server.
* A print server (compatible with CUPS). This could be very cool. A company then can setup a print server cluster, each machine in the cluster has at least 1 printer connected to it, when a node is broken (machine broken, printer broken, or out of ink) your print task will be automatically moved to another node B-)
* A remote backup system to which people can upload files which are afterwards stored on all nodes (or you can have a configurable number of nodes that need to have a disk copy).
* A file system that uses Erlang (ok, this is no server, but it still would be cool to have on a server B-) )
* LDAP server
* NFS server
Post sent from http://www.trapexit.org
More information about the erlang-questions