Thu Aug 17 19:28:38 CEST 2006
I have gotten a few responses with some good ideas. I think that this
can be a community effort and still get done quickly and completely.
Here are the steps I think would be best for getting this accomplished -
1. Send to the list, this thread, any and all links to tutorials
2. When the posting slows down I will extract a list of links from
the thread and someone from trap exit or the erlang wiki can take the
time to put them on the website.
3. Start a new thread on suggestions, and hopefully examples, for
the layout and structure of the tutorials - I like the format from trap
exit and I also like the erlang docs site.
4. Use the wiki to allow people to sign up for tutorials to format
- I will volunteer right now to do many of them.
5. Post the final copies on erlang websites all over the net, but
have a versioned master copy somewhere for easy updating.
[mailto:] On Behalf Of Logan, Martin
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:29 AM
All, I would like to collect and format all the existing tutorials for
erlang/otp. I would like anyone that has written a tutorial about
anything to please forward it to me or the list. I am going to endeavor
to format them, perhaps copy the style of the erlang docs, but I am not
positive, and then make them available. I will credit the authors of
course. I think it would be helpful for new people coming to the
language to have a nice compendium of tutorials. You can forward me the
tutorials in any form and I will do the work to get them all formatted
nicely and then email the collection, as a pdf, back out as well as make
it available on the web.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the erlang-questions