Mac Intel

David Hopwood david.nospam.hopwood@REDACTED
Mon Aug 14 17:56:25 CEST 2006

Joel Reymont wrote:
> Here are my latest and greatest results from the FPE test program:
>
> fpu ip = 1d9c
> fpu cs = 27
> fpu opcode = 55d
> skip_sse2_insn: unexpected code at 0x1d9c: DD
> Abort trap
>
> fpu opcode is given to me, described as "x87 FPU Opcode".
>
> Do I combine IP and CS for an absolute address that skip_sse2_insn  can
> work with and if so how?

Use something like the _farpeek* functions from
<http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/doc/incs/sys/farptr.h>

(I don't actually know whether those implementations are correct or will
work with current gcc, but they don't look too far out. It would be safer
to add an %fs clobber constraint to the asm, though -- see the gcc
docs or Google for how to do that.)

--
David Hopwood <david.nospam.hopwood@REDACTED>