mapReduce vs erlang

Bengt Kleberg <>
Mon Aug 14 07:50:58 CEST 2006

On 2006-08-12 15:13, Only OpenSource wrote:
> Now that Nutch project has an implementation of mapReduce,
> what areas Erlang would be able to make a difference ?

i am having problems understanding your question. it might be only me.
but what does it mean?
is it:
''what areas of Erlang are different to mapReduce (as implemented by the
Nutch project ''

    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides
    solely in a computer program then the subject matter is not
    patentable in whatever manner it may be presented in the claims."