Commercial Mac IDE

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Fri Aug 11 16:19:08 CEST 2006

Over 15 people replied to my "Who's on a Mac" poll so far so I
thought I would lay my cards on the table...

I want to build and sell a Mac IDE for Erlang. Elegant, powerful,
easy to use. Something I would use myself to build other things I
have in mind. So please let me know what you think and hold no punches!

I would like to finish porting HiPE to Mac Intel this weekend (I have
a MacBook Pro) and then tackle the Cocoa bindings. I see a lot of
overhead in marshalling data in and out of Erlang but I'm hoping that
any recent Mac can take that in stride.

No estimated delivery data yet as this will be my second job for a
while. I'm very excited about the project, though, and hope to
produce something remarkable.

Yes, I know about Emacs and the erl prompt, I use them myself. I
don't have you old Erlang dogs in the crosshairs so much as the new
to Erlang crowd. I don't have just an editor in mind, though, rather
a full development environment.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/