Kernel poll support in erlang for linux 2.6.16(SUSE)

Chaitanya Chalasani <>
Tue Aug 8 10:23:15 CEST 2006

I am facing some problem in enabling kernel poll support for erlang under SUSE
Linux 10.1 (kernel 2.6.16).
The config file says

checking for working poll()... ok
checking for presens of poll()/select() bug when another thread closes fd...
(cached) yes
checking for compiler flags for loadable drivers... -g -O2

and when i execute

:..otp/otp_src_R11B-0> erl +K true
kernel-poll not supported; "K" parameter ignored
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.5 [source] [async-threads:0] [hipe]

Eshell V5.5  (abort with ^G)

Why is it so? Is it that my machine doesn't support kernel poll?

LINUX USER #410931