SV: Killing Supervisor

Lennart Öhman Lennart.Ohman@REDACTED
Wed Apr 26 13:48:44 CEST 2006

Hi every one.

The suggested answer is of course perfectly correct. However
I believe that that is not exactly what  Surindar is looking
for.
He writes that he wants to terminate the entire supervision
tree using this function. That indicates to me that this is
about stopping a part of his system, in an ordered way.

My suggestion is to think of the supevisor as a child to
a higher layer supervisor. Hence the higher layer supervisor
should be told, using the supevisor API, to stop the child
which is the supervisor in question.

If you simply do exit(Pid,kill) on the supervisor, it will not
be given the chance of terminating its children in an ordered
way.

Best Regards,
Lennart

Lennart Ohman                   phone   : +46-8-587 623 27
Sjöland & Thyselius Telecom AB  cellular: +46-70-552 6735
Sehlstedtsgatan 6               fax     : +46-8-667 8230
SE-115 28 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN     email   : lennart.ohman@REDACTED