shootout - nsieve-bits benchmark

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Mon Apr 24 10:22:10 CEST 2006

--- Kostis Sagonas <kostis@REDACTED> wrote:

>  > Has the time finally come for destructively
> updated
>  > terms, then? :-)
>
> No, nothing as drastic as that.  It is just that
> HiPE has an
> interface for arrays of bytes (implemented using
> binaries)
> and arrays of immediates -- e.g. fixnums.

Well, that seems handy (esp. in a compiler). The array
update function seemed to be destructive though?

So I guess my question is: do these arrays behave like
ets tables or like terms? For example, what happens if
array A is sent from P to Q, then updated in P -- will
Q see the update?

My approximation would be: If A is "ets-like" then
yes, if A is "term-like" then no.

Best,
Thomas