EUnit 2.0 alpha testers wanted

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Wed Apr 19 19:47:12 CEST 2006

Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
> In the bigger picture, it's not io output that's most interesting, but any
> Erlang term. Rendering the term is then left to the corresponding frontend.

Note that if the test returns a value, then it succeeds by definition,
so there is little point in displaying that value, and if many tests yield
large values, it would cause a lot of unnecessary sending of data which
would normally be discarded by the client anyway.

However, if you write a test such as ?_test(ok = foo()), and that fails,
you will get the erroneous term included in the exception, and that is
part of the error report. So I think I/O is the only missing piece.

	/Richard

--
 "Having users is like optimization: the wise course is to delay it."
   -- Paul Graham