Public Erlang talk in London at Erlang-Consulting

Jan Henry Nystrom jann@REDACTED
Fri Apr 14 12:51:17 CEST 2006

Hi All,

On Monday, April 24th, I will present the results of a  three
year research project conducted at Heriot-Watt University in collaboration
with Motorola Labs in Basingstoke. The project aim  has been to produce
scientific evidence that Erlang can improve distributed quality and
productivity, and to investigate the impact of programming constructs on
distributed  software. This talk  focuses on a comparative study done on a
Motorola distributed C++ application that has been re-engineered in
Erlang. The study  clearly indicates that great benefits can be gained
from using Erlang for this type of applications.

The talk will start at 16.30 pm, and is expected to take about an  hour,
followed by a Q&A session. It will be held in the conference  room of
Erlang_Consulting's London offices,
http://www.erlang-consulting.com/contact.html.

Please let me know if you are planning to attend, so we know how many
people to expect. Refreshments will be served after the talk.

It would be great if you could make it.

Welcome!
Henry Nystrom and Erlang-Consulting

--