Serge Aleynikov <>
Wed Apr 12 23:47:23 CEST 2006

Thanks for clarification.

Something not useful, yet we have to live with it.  Saidly, it makes
validation of IP address entries quite difficult, as one cannot use
inet:ip like functions to distinguish shorthand notations from errors.

BTW, Windows' telnet doesn't seem to recognize this shorthand form:

c:\>telnet 1.2.3
Connecting To 1.2.3...