Max number of open file descriptors is too low

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Tue Sep 27 16:24:48 CEST 2005

It seems that on Windows max_files in erts/emulator/sys/win32/sys.c
is just preset at 1024.

I see the following at the top of the file:

static int max_files = 1024;

I see sys_max_files() that returns the value of max_files and I see
max_files being used all over the place. I do not see any functions
that could be used by Erlang to set max_files to the value of
ERL_MAX_PORTS.

It looks like a bug to me. If the intention was to set max_files to
ERL_MAX_PORTS then there's no code in the emulator bootstrapping
functions to do so.

     Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/