Clarify my doubt please

M. Harris Bhatti harrisbhatti@REDACTED
Thu Sep 22 16:53:26 CEST 2005

I am also new to erlang however I can answer your first query,
Both [1,2,3,4] and "surindar" are lists. In erlang there is no data
type to represent a string instead strings are represented as a list
of characters/their ascii codes and if a list contains a number of
ascii codes then "" (double quotes) are used to easily represent such
lists.

--
Regards,
Harris M. Bhatti