GUIs - ruby on rails, rico

bryan rasmussen rasmussen.bryan@REDACTED
Mon Sep 19 22:00:53 CEST 2005

xmlhttp is an object included with most modern browsers which allows a
scripting engine implemented in the browser to make asynchronous http
gets, posts etc. it has the name xmlhttp because microsoft who came up
with it evidently envisioned it for sending around xml.
xmlhttp has nothing to do with the gui, the gui has to be coded. on
the other hand XUL is browser specific.

One area where the cross, my understanding is that Google for some of
their dynamic web applications have a transformation server side of
XUL to dynamic html for IE etc. and deliver just XUL to Netscape,
Mozilla etc. however this is a partially remembered bit of web trivia
so don't hold me to it.