replacing one function

Ingela Anderton ingela@REDACTED
Fri Sep 16 15:26:49 CEST 2005

József Bérces (LA/ETH) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to extend the function of mod_esi supplied with the OTP
> releases. The module is changing in almost each release but the
> function I should modify stays the same. So what I need is to
> replace that particular function but use the rest from the original
> beam file, so that my code could be independent of the OTP
> release. Is there a way to do that?
Which function would that be? And how do you want to change it?
If it is something of general interest, maybe we could add it. (No
promises). If I understand what you would like to do, answering your
original question will be easier.

To try to make a long story short:

The HTTP-Server in inets was written a long time ago by people no
longer working for OTP. Even though documentation was written for it,
I personally think there is room for quite a lot of improvement in that
area. Also lately there has been new people using it and some new
features added which has revealed some slumbering problems and
resulted in quite a lot of code restructuring. This to enable better test
coverage and too avoid some code duplication and strange
dependences that made the life a living hell for any one trying to
maintain the code.

--
/Ingela - OTP team