Retrieve release name

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Wed Sep 14 11:51:09 CEST 2005

However, in practice, it is very unlikely that there are several
releases in the dictionary.

I don't think that anyone would install DEVELOPMENT systems that way
(even though it would probably work).

In a TARGET system (which is what Gunilla's answer refers to),
I haven't heard of anyone actually using the release handler to
upgrade from one major release of OTP to another.

So I think that you could quite safely ignore the possibility of
multiple major releases in one directory tree.

/Bjorn