tracing

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Sat Sep 10 00:09:14 CEST 2005

After fixing a couple of slopy bugs this code should've read:

trace(M, F, Args) ->
   % Set up a tracer
   Fun = fun(Msg,A) -> T=[Msg|A], put(trace, T), T end,
   dbg:tracer(process, {Fun, []}),
   dbg:p(self(), call),
   dbg:tpl(M, [{'_',[],[{return_trace}]}]),

   % Call the function
   Res = apply(M, F, Args),

   % Retrieve trace
   {ok, Tracer} = dbg:get_tracer(),
   {dictionary, Dict} = process_info(Tracer, dictionary),
   dbg:stop(),
   case lists:keysearch(trace, 1, Dict) of
   {value, {_, Val}} ->
       {Res, format_trace(Val)};