configure script in jungerl

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Thu Sep 8 08:22:57 CEST 2005

> Ulf Wiger wrote:
>
>> When trying to build the jungerl code on my Libranet (Debian) distro,
>> I encountered some autoheader errors.

while my dislike of autotools make me an unsuitable person to discuss
their use, i still think i can contribute something here.

imho it is an error to distribute a tarball that is missing the
configure script. the configure script should already have been
generated before the tarball is created and included in it.

when i unpacked a tarball without the configure script and try to do
''make'' i always get an error similar to this:
make: Fatal error in reader: config/include.mk, line 12: Unexpected end
of line seen

i then switch to gnumake and get this error instead:
autoconf
Can't locate object method "path" via package "Autom4te::Request"
(perhaps you forgot to load "Autom4te::Request"?) at
/EDUP/Autoconf/2.54/bin/autom4te line 81.

imho one idea with the autotools is(was?) that the ''end user'' should
not need to have them installed when building the c program that had
been ported by using autotools.

bengt