I had a dread

François-Denis Gonthier neumann@REDACTED
Tue Sep 6 05:12:57 CEST 2005

On 5 September 2005 03:24, Joe Armstrong (AL/EAB) wrote:

> What I was suggesting is a wrapper for (say) apt-get - so that once you
> have made your emerge package XX you
> evauate the magic function wrapit(apt, debian , "XX") and it automatically
> produces a debian apt package.

As I see it, it might be trivial for Debian packages.  One could make a simple
package template that is customisable to each application that is erlmerged.
The package could be mostly dummy except for the uninstall script which would
call erlmerge for removal.  This would probably require patch to erlmerge
that would enable it to be aware of the package system it is working.