(Prolog + LISP + Erlang) with integration issues versus C++

Marc van Woerkom Marc.Vanwoerkom@REDACTED
Mon Sep 5 10:57:42 CEST 2005

> Some enterprise still run Cobol applications.
> They do not rewrite it in another technology
> because it cost money.

Why should one change if you have a good team?
Our backend programmers use COBOL, new frontends
are done in PHP (for the web) or XUL/JS/Mozilla (inhouse
apps).
Communication goes along well defined interface
methods.
The difference of both worlds, old school and new
school, rather helps to make the separation more clean.

Regards,
Marc