Erlang & AI

Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Training & Consulting) francesco@REDACTED
Sun Sep 4 19:19:09 CEST 2005

For years, I have been saying that Erlang is a perfect language for
certain types of AI applications. From self-modifying code for the
sadomasochistic programmers in us to functions returning funs. With the
thread on (Prolog + LISP + Erlang) with integration issues versus C++, I
am happy to say that it is slowly happening... At the ACM SIGPLAN Erlang
workshop in Tallinn, ERESYE will be presented. It stands for Artificial
Intelligence in Erlang Programs. Even more interesting, however, is the
fact that the IT University in  (A part of Chalmers) has now adopted
Erlang over more classical AI languages (LISP, Prolog, etc) as a tool to
teach the subject, with very interesting labs and projects in the
pipeline. About time, if you ask me...

Francesco
--
http://www.erlang-consulting.com