Quad-core Macs: More reason for a multi-CPU aware Erlang

Garry Hodgson garry@REDACTED
Tue Oct 25 20:42:30 CEST 2005

"Kenneth Lundin (AS/EAB)" <kenneth.lundin@REDACTED> wrote:

> Just to put an end on all speculations regarding multi-CPU aware Erlang I can reveal that
> we are working on a runtime system with multiple schedulers (running on different threads) which will
> take advantage of multi-CPU HW on operating systems which support that.
> With this solution applications running in one Erlang node can take advantage of multi-CPU HW without
> need to change a single line of code.

excellent news!!!
thanks for posting it, rather than following the industry standard of
keeping everyone in the dark.

> More information about this will be presented at the Erlang User Conference the 10:th of November.

can't wait.

> There is no promise regarding when this will be released but a qualified guess would be within 12 months.

take your time, get it right.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Your love, your anger, your kindness, your hate.
All of it creates the future for you and your children.
What kind of future are you creating today?