multiply matrices using erlang and mnesia

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Fri Oct 21 09:42:54 CEST 2005

You could do it in a few different ways:

- Mnesia has an event mechanism. Each worker calls:

  mnesia:subscribe({table, Tab, simple}),

  and then receives messages of the following form:

  {mnesia_table_event, {write, NewRecord, ActivityId}}
  (the record tag is always set to the table name here)

- You can write a wrapper function that inserts the jobs
  in the table:

  Result = mnesia:activity(transaction, fun() ... end),
  tell_workers(Result, ...)

  Note that mnesia:activity() will EXIT upon abort, in
  case nothing got written.

- The 'rdbms' contrib has commit triggers. These will only
  fire if you actually use 'rdbms' as the activity module,
  though (this can be set as default in mnesia, but it
  can also be over-ridden by the calling function.)

The subscribe function will of course always work. The
other solutions can be bypassed by a rogue program.

/Uffe