how to capture io:format's output using ei?

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Tue Oct 18 19:25:16 CEST 2005

Interesting...

Though in my case even if I use "~n" then nothing gets returned.  If I
use "\n" then, 'ok' gets returned, however, a "Test string\n" gets
printed in the shell window of the tt@REDACTED node:

devlinuxpro2> ./erl_call -sname tt@REDACTED -a 'io format ["Test
string~n"]'
devlinuxpro2>

(tt@REDACTED)9>
(tt@REDACTED)9>

devlinuxpro2> ./erl_call -sname tt@REDACTED -a 'io format ["Test
string\n"]'
ok          <-- the result of a call got printed
devlinuxpro2>

(tt@REDACTED)9> Test string\n     <-- this is printed in the shell
(tt@REDACTED)9>

So, the original question still stands: could you tell how to redirect
the output when using the ei's rpc call?

Thanks.

Serge