call for a lightweight xml parser

James Hague james.hague@REDACTED
Tue Oct 18 16:56:36 CEST 2005

Ulf Wiger wrote:

>Perhaps xmerl could include an 'xmerl_lite' parser that handles
>the type of XML that you're most likely to encounter in a packet,
>no entity refs, no strange encodings, etc.?

I agree with the need for a simple XML parser.  The XML I typically
deal with is for self-contained data files and is very simple.  No
namespaces, for example.  I don't need support for tag attributes
either, but that's more extreme than most people are willing to go.
Writing a parser for this restricted XML subset was pleasant to do in
Erlang.