ODBC and a remote Oracle database

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Fri Oct 14 18:32:23 CEST 2005

Make sure that Oracle client and the ODBC is configured properly:

If you are on Windows/UNIX, try:

tnsping DATABASE_ALIAS

If this doesn't return "ok", it means that your client is missing
configuration in tnsnames.ora, which is usually found in:
$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin

Otherwise make sure that ODBC has a DSN entry for the database you are
trying to connect to.  Verify it by using:

On Windows: Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Data Sources (ODBC)
On Unix: run ODBCConfig (if you are using unixODBC)

Serge

--
Serge Aleynikov
R&D Telecom, IDT Corp.