more documentation for mnesia:dirty_update_counter ?

Gaspar Chilingarov <>
Tue Nov 29 14:05:34 CET 2005

Hi all!

I was reading mnesia manual, trying to figure out how to implement autoincrement
values in mnesia. After some searching I've found post referring to
dirty_update_counter operation. So, I red the documentation and tried to
use this function but it some time and searching in archives to understand how
it works. Only after reading this
posting I got how to implement it.

May be documentation about dirty_update_counter should explain more detailed,
how to do the implementation ?

For newcomers it takes really hard job to get hints how to use some of
erlang's functoins.

Gaspar Chilingarov
System Administrator

t +37491 419763