bug in inets or erlang!

peter <>
Sat Nov 26 15:51:54 CET 2005

After my FreeBSD server running erlang was restarted, suddenly INETS was not comming up as it was expected to. In the inets error_log I found:

> more error_log_16111
[26/Nov/2005:13:14:42 -0000] reporting error: traverse exit from apply: mod_get:
do =>

WHY is inets calling erlang:universaltime_to_localtime/1 with  [{{1969,12,31},{23,59,59}}] ?? Looks like a potential bugg to me OR should this bug actually be located to the erlang module instead? Should this call really result in a crach?

Anyhow to get inets up and running again I had to patch the calendar.erl module catching for this crash and in that case return {{1970,1,1},{0,0,0}}.

What need to change here erlang or some module in inets?

/PeterPeter Lund
Sent using Mail2Forum (http://m2f.sourceforge.net)