Valentin Micic valentin@REDACTED
Sat Nov 19 13:17:25 CET 2005

>First of all, try enabling the thread pool.
>I would pick a nice round number like 255, i.e.
>erl +A 255.

I like this... recently, while loading a huge amount of data (80milion
records+) into a bunch of mnesia disk-only tables, I've noticed that
responsiveness of the ERLANG run-time decreases dramatically with increase
of I/O wait, i.e. if one attempts to issue a command to shell, it might take
few seconds before it even consider's it (well, I did fix the problem...
using a hammer, though).
Am I correct in understanding that adding more threads, I/O wait would have
lesser effect on run-time agility?

V.

PS
I'm still using R9 and running out of excuses (other than logisitical ones)
not to migrate to R10. I am begging you to give me at least one ;-).