Inets HTTP client stability

Michael McDaniel <>
Sun Nov 13 22:32:14 CET 2005

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 08:48:22PM +0000, chandru wrote:
> On 13/11/05, Michael McDaniel <> wrote:
> > An update regarding the above code in production.  I recently
> > discovered (see my message with
> >             "Subject: badmatch with chunked data (LONG)")
> >
> > that my code does not handle chunked data coming back from
> > the server as required by rfc2616 in
> >
> The transfer encoding should be transparent to the client and should
> be handled by the HTTP client. Glad to see that ibrowse is useful to
> you. If you need any features, don't hesitate to drop me a line.
> cheers
> Chandru
Thank you, yes.  Happy you used edoc tags also.  So far I have been
playing with ibrowse though not in production yet.

Based on your comment above, I infer that the inets http module is
not rfc2616 compliant with regard to chunked data?  Or is there
something I am doing wrong in using it?  My original thought was
that a problem was still in http module, then I thought my code
using it was wrong, now I am very confused (though happy that
ibrowse retrieves the chunked data correctly!).  My preference
would be to use the inets http code since it is delivered with
Erlang system.