Fw: inets httpd - how to handle

Sanjaya Vitharana <>
Thu Nov 10 08:39:08 CET 2005

reverting to my below mail:

ErlScriptAlias should be corrected as
    ErlScriptAlias /vm_db prof_upd

& Error should be corrected as

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

Sorry for my mistake

----- Original Message -----
From: Sanjaya Vitharana
Sent: Thursday, 10 November 2005 01:24 pm
Subject: inets httpd - how to handle

I'm trying to use inets for the first time as a http deamon & having trouble. Need any help from experts.

what I did:
1.) copy the inets example server_root to the /tmp/vm/web/server_root/
2.) change all paths in httpd.conf to the /tmp/vm/web/server_root/ & edit ErlScriptAlias as
       ErlScriptAlias /vm_db prof_db
3.) create vm_db folder as /tmp/vm/web/server_root/vm_db
4.) as a test I just create prof_upd.erl as follows & compile in the vm_db folder. (get the test function from httpd_example.erl)

test(Env,Input) ->
  %%----------Server Side Out Puts-----------
    InData = httpd:parse_query(Input),
    io:format("GOT THIS: ~p~n",[InData]),
    %%----------Return to client---------------
    %% Returning this
     "<TITLE> A Test Page </TITLE>",
     "<H1> A TEST </H1>",

5.) create inets.config as folows

6.) start erlang using
erl -sname vm -config /tmp/vm/web/server_root/conf/inets

7.) start the inets as application:start(inets).

8.) try to get the reqult using web browser from different mechine i.e

what I get is:
HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer
What I am doing wrong? why this happens? how to avoid this? are there any secutrity applies? what's the proper way get a http request to inets from browser & execute erlang code (ex: gen_sever:call) & send the result back? Need help from inets expert

Thanks in advance

Sanjaya Vitharana