Attention Debian Users - Erlang 10.b.8 tests

François-Denis Gonthier neumann@REDACTED
Thu Nov 3 18:45:40 CET 2005

On 3 November 2005 02:20, Brent Fulgham wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2005, at 12:23 PM, François-Denis Gonthier wrote:
> > I've been working on the new upstream release of the Debian Erlang
> > packages.
> > As per requests of some users in the past, the package has been
> > split in 3.
> > GS based applications are now in their own package called erlang-
> > x11 and
> > application that don't need GS in erlang-nox.  Erlang-mode is now
> > in it's own
> > package too.
>
> Thanks for taking this over.  One thing you should try to include is
> support for HIPE, which was turned off in the standard Debian build
> due to compiler issues on some platforms.  Could you create an erlang-
> hipe, or just hipe package that would "provide" erlang as an
> alternative for performance-minded users?

Well you are right! All that time I thought HiPE was only disabled on
x86_64-linux, it is only ENABLED for that platform.

This is a great idea and It is certainly possible.  10.b.8 won't get through
my door without that feature.