Erlang socket client

klacke@REDACTED klacke@REDACTED
Tue May 31 22:32:58 CEST 2005

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 03:56:49PM -0400, tty@REDACTED wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a remote server (not in Erlang) controlling a hardware device. This server takes plain text commands and echo the command and device responses back. I can connect to it using a simple telnet and interact with the hardware.
>
> However when I tried writting an Erlang client all I receive is the echoed command. Even if my client is set to {active, false} and I do the gen_tcp:recv myself I do not obtain the device response.
>
> Does anyone have a sample Erlang telnet client or have ideas on how I can go about interacting with this server.

If you can interact with the server using telnet, you can
surely and easily interact with it using regular erlang
gen_tcp:connect().
You're probably doing some simple mistake, maybe the server
expects \r\n terminated lines ?? or someuch ??

All {active, X} modes will work just fine.

Give us an example of a good telnet session and
an example of a bad gen_tcp:connect() session from the
erlang shell.

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
http://www.hyber.org                  -- everything is under control