Orber server and client test

Heinrich Venter heinrich@REDACTED
Fri May 27 14:35:40 CEST 2005

Hi

I am busy writing an application that eventually will use CORBA to
communicate with a server hosted by an external orginisation.  In order
to test my application I am writing a simple server simulator.  I have
run into the following oddity.

I start the server and create an object.  I retreive the IOR of this
object with corba:object_to_tring(Obj), since this is the way I will
interface with the external server.
I then use this IOR to create an object in my application.  When I use
this object in my application, I get an exception:
{'OBJECT_NOT_EXIST',[],1163001856,'COMPLETED_NO'}

On my client side, the result of corba_object:is_remote(Obj) is false,
which is not correct if I understand things correctly.

To creat the object I simply to Obj = corba:string_to_object(IOR).
When I do the corresponding 'RAB_Manger':executeTransaction(Obj,
Request) I get the exception mentioned before.

Am I doing something obvious wrong or missing a step?

-]-[

Alt = iFind – Visit our website here
http://asp1.rocketseed.com/RocketSeed/mail/433a32353a313332363937383a33303639373a2d323a353137

Launchpad - View our website here