memory leakage problem in erl_format

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Fri May 20 15:20:23 CEST 2005

I am not quite clear on your use of CreateMutex() and CloseHandle().  If
the intent is to protect the call to erl_* functions to make
send_5to_enode() thread-safe, I would suggest you to create/destroy the
mutex outside of this function, and pass it as a parameter (or use a
global variable), such as:

HANDLE mutex=NULL;

int initialize() {
   mutex=CreateMutex(NULL,FALSE,"erlang3");
   return (mutex != NULL);
}

void finalize() {
   if (mutex != NULL) {
     CloseHandle(mutex);
     mutex = NULL;
   }
}

Here's the snippet from MSDN about the name collisions in the mutex
names (lpName):

"If lpName matches the name of an existing event, semaphore, waitable
timer, job, or file-mapping object, the function fails and the
GetLastError function returns ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE. This occurs because
these objects share the same name space."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/base/createmutex.asp

This might be contributing to the problem you are seeing.

Serge