Priority Queues

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Mon May 16 15:49:03 CEST 2005

We've implemented such queues using mnesia ordered_set tables. But we
limit queue size to about 100,000 entries. But there is no reason why
you can't have a bigger queue. We had a single process handling each
queue so (6) below wasn't a problem.

The only performance problem which you might encounter with very big
queues is when the contents of the queue are changing very fast. Mnesia
periodically dumps the entire table from RAM to disk and for large
tables you will see that whenever mnesia does this, your queue
processing will slow down.

cheers
Chandru