OTP: erlang:list_to_float

Rich Neswold rich.neswold@REDACTED
Thu May 12 16:34:15 CEST 2005

On 5/12/05, Alexander Williams <thantos@REDACTED> wrote:
>   Rather annoying to run into purely unexpectedly when in the midst of
>   hacking  of  some Yaws processing of data back from MySQL. ("Er, "3"
>   is  a  badarg? Excuse me?") Nothing I couldn't hack around by simply
>   searching the string for a "." and then appending ".0" if one wasn't
>   found, but it was vaguely annoying to have to do so.

I haven't used MySQL in a while, but isn't there a way to have the
query format the data so it always has the decimal point? Granted,
this means you're converting the result to a string in order to format
it. But it looks as though you're converting a string anyways.

--
Rich

AIM : rnezzy
ICQ : 174908475