OTP: erlang:list_to_float

Alexander Williams thantos@REDACTED
Thu May 12 08:46:35 CEST 2005

erlang-questions:

  I  really  hate  to  seem like a newbie, because, honestly, I'm not.
  I've been building things with Erlang on my own servers for a couple
  years  now,  but  I  don't  think  I've run head-first into this one
  before, which seems odd:

  Is it really INTENDED that erlang:list_to_float("3") blows up with a
  badarg?  I  mean,  yes,  in  theory I could go looking through for a
  period  before  passing  data  in,  but  that  seems  a  little  ...
  complicated for something that's not truly a bad argument.

  Thoughts, or is this one just on my head?

--
 Alexander Williams  (thantos@REDACTED)
The Squid's Redoubt: http//chancel.org:8000/Redoubt