application question

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Thu May 12 07:37:02 CEST 2005

Den 2005-05-11 23:22:53 skrev <tty@REDACTED>:

> Hello folks,
>
> My application ch3_app.app file has the following definition:
>
>     {included_applications, [modem_app]},
>     {applications, [kernel, stdlib, sasl, mnesia,
>                     mnemosyne]},
>
> How do I get sasl, mnesia, mnemosyne and modem_app to start
> automatically after I do an application:start(ch3_app) ? Is defining
> them here soley for systools ?

No, it's also for the application_controller, which is the process
starting the applications. It will check the list of application
dependencies, and refuse to start your application if the required
applications are not already running. If the applications have been
started, the application_controller will wait until they are running
before starting your application.

To get those applications started automatically, you need to use
systools, or one of the tools that build on it (e.g. builder.)

/Uffe