.config file bug on Windows

Anders Nygren anders.nygren@REDACTED
Wed May 4 00:15:51 CEST 2005

On 5/3/05, Kenneth <kenneth.lundin@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The problem you have encountered is not at all Windows specific,
>
> the same error will happen on all platforms when there are no
>
> characters after the ending dot.

That is not true, on Linux it works with R10B-4,
Look here.
anders@REDACTED:~/src/test> uname -a
Linux linux 2.6.8-24.14-default #1 Tue Mar 29 09:27:43 UTC 2005 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Case 1, nothing after .
anders@REDACTED:~/src/test> cat sys.config
[{mnesia,[{dir,"path"}]}].
anders@REDACTED:~/src/test> erl -config sys.config
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.4.5 [source] [hipe]

Eshell V5.4.5  (abort with ^G)
1>

case 2, Comment immediately after .

anders@REDACTED:~/src/test> cat sys.config
[{mnesia,[{dir,"path"}]}].%test
anders@REDACTED:~/src/test> erl -config sys.config
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.4.5 [source] [hipe]

Eshell V5.4.5  (abort with ^G)
1>

But on windows, if I dont have a newline, (I havn't tested with space after
the .) it fails.

> I have a vague memory that this is a known problem in erl_scan:tokens/3
>
> but I have to check.

Similar things have been reported earlier, but apparently it is not fixed
everywhere.

/Anders