Automatic node discovery

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Mon May 2 14:38:02 CEST 2005

> Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) wrote:
>One way to achieve this, if you're going to use mnesia
>anyway, is to have all nodes use this in their sys.config:
>
>[{mnesia, [{extra_db_nodes, MasterMnesiaNodes}]}].

Is there a way to modify this configuration dynamically or even not use
the sys.config file at all?

Initially there will be one node in the cluster. When adding a new box
(running Erlang of course) the user will need to tell it the IP address
of the existing node. This works for Luke and his company's line of
clusterable appliances so it should work for me :-).

How would I make the new node a Mnesia master without editing sys.config,
though?

    Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/tech