Building R10B-3 on Mac OS X Tiger

flaig@REDACTED flaig@REDACTED
Mon May 2 12:11:51 CEST 2005

Am Montag, den 02.05.2005, 11:02 +0200 schrieb Rudolph van Graan:
Hey all,

> I tried building Erlang from darwinports on Tiger last night and I am
> getting this problem:
>
> port install erlang

> make -f powerpc-apple-darwin8.0.0/Makefile TYPE=opt
> erl -noinput -pa ebin -run make_certs all /usr/bin/openssl \
>          -s erlang halt
> Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
> .......++++++
> .......++++++
> writing new private key to '/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> file._opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.opendarwin.org_dpupdat
> e_dports_lang_erlang/work/erlang-R10B-3/lib/ssl/examples/certs/etc/
> erlangCA/private/key.pem'
> -----
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 2-May-2005::10:59:31 ===
[snip]

> Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rudolph van Graan
>
> Pattern Matched Technologies
>
> Mobile:  +27 83 390 7767
Fax:     +27 12 667 5342
> Web:     www.patternmatched.com

Hi Rudolph and who else has the problem,

I ran into the same problem first with 10.2 and then with 10.3 ... by now I have dumped Apple's felines in favour of Yellow Dog :-P but I expect that this will be feasible for 10.4 too:
- get the current version of the gcc suite from Apple (free download, though you have to register)
- get the Erlang source code package
- unpack it (via command line tools -- NOT StuffIt, that won't work!)
- start the usual .configure/make/sudo make install dance
- come back a few hours later and enjoy
That did it, at least for me.
Hope that helps!

-- Rüdiger Marcus

===
Chevalier Dr. Dr. Ruediger Marcus Flaig |  Germany -- where politicians are still real men
   Institute for Immunology             |  and sheep are scared.
   University of Heidelberg             |
   Im Neuenheimer Feld 305              |  Occam's Razor: Never opt for a complex theory
   D-69120 Heidelberg                   |   if a simple one provides a sufficient explanation.
   Germany                              |  Gibbon's Addendum: Never opt for a complex theory
   <flaig@REDACTED>              |   if base motifs provide a sufficient explanation.

--
Diese E-Mail wurde mit http://www.mail-inspector.de verschickt
Mail Inspector ist ein kostenloser Service von http://www.is-fun.net